Custom Servo Motor Testing & Validation
US Motion is a certified servo motor tester and validator. We offer a wide range of variables for custom servo motor testing and validating to ensure product value, integrity, and lifetime reliability. We provide measurement of fundamental motor parameters at room temperature to environmental extremes.
Servo Motor Testing And Validation Process
- Full characterization of new and custom servo motor designs to verify performance and ensure adherence to design intent.
- Ongoing sampling of servo motors during production to ensure quality manufacturing.
- Statistical analysis of performance trends and understanding of the effects of manufacturing process variation on servo motor performance.
- System level integration and testing of off-the-shelf or customer-provided motor and servo drive components.
In-House Testing Capabilities
- Torque vs Speed
- Input & Output Power Efficiency
- Servo Motor Sub-system
- Servo Motor + Drive Sub-system using Various Control Methods
- Thermal Characterization, Thermal Resistance, Thermal Time Constant, Back EMF and Torque Constants
- Resistance and Inductance
- Rotor Magnetic Field Strength Mapping
- Cogging Torque, Peak-to-Peak, Harmonic Content Analysis, Hipot / Leakage Current / Insulation Resistance, Mass and Inertia, Environmental
- Performance in Temperature Extremes: (-40°C to 150°C) and Pressure Extremes (1 x 10^-7 torr vacuum), Thermal Cycling, Accelerated Thermal Aging, Bearing Lifetime
- Particulate Emission Monitoring for Clean Room Environments