Available off-the-shelf Servo Drive products may not meet the technical requirements of your applications and end up costing more as you pay for unnecessary features. US Motion works with you to customize a design that fulfills a specific solution, fitting the form, function, and cost requirement you outline.
Multi-axis drives including Basic Motor Controllers and Complex Embedded Mechatronic Controllers are designed and produced with the exact specifications meeting your environmental and safety requirements. We ensure all our Custom Servo Drives provide monitoring and control of multiple degrees of freedom, and process variables and environmental parameters in real time. This aids in simplified system integration.
Embedded Servo Drives
US Motion custom servo drives are engineered to match a US Motion (PMSM or Hollowshaft BLDC) or COTS sinusoidal or trapezoidal motor(s) and application defined performance, communication and control.
- Real Time Statistics reporting and Internal Real Time logging of System Parameters
- EtherCAT, CANopen, RS232, Bluetooth, Wi-fi, SPI and customer specific command sets
- Single and Multi-axis coordinated control of Velocity, Position and Torque across Rotary and Linear subsystems
- Multiple Feedback configurations
- Digital, Analog and/or Back EMF sensorless observer
- Multiple Encoder interfaces, including: BISS, SSI +Sine/Cos, EnDat 2.2, Hiperface, and resolver
- Up to 28-bit resolution
- Configurable Analog and Digital inputs/outputs, including isolation
- Flexible High-pass, Low-pass and Band-pass filters
- Center aligned 3-phase PWM Power Switching and Integrated fault detection
- Integrated protection and diagnostics; motor stall/servo loop following, over current, over temperature and bus over under voltage
- Custom footprint on physical design constraints
Servo Systems and Embedded Mechatronics Control
US Motion provides:
- Advanced Modeling using System Mathematical models with Digital Signal processing for Mechatronic control of multi-sensor inputs
- Non-linear, time varying control of Servos, Pneumatics and Thermal components in specialty environments
- Real time system input measurement and translation of accelerometers, gyroscopes, magnetometers and pressure sensors as well as optical, magnetic, bimetallic, infrared, diode sensors
- Component selection for the environment – temperature extremes, vacuum, radiation, magnetic interference, caustic chemicals, 100% humidity
- Custom firmware for GUI and system specific protocol and command sets for motion control and manipulable move recipes (velocity and position multi-axis movement coupled with flow and temperature modulation and/or gears, brakes and clutches)
- Customer footprint based on physical design constraints
- Unique Regulatory and Organizational Requirements
When you work with US Motion, your business needs are woven into every aspect of design, mechatronics, and production. Our team instills high quality project management throughout the entire design process utilizing methods to manage risk timeline and traceability for medical and spaceflight industries. US Motion verifies, validates, and tests all designs meeting FMEAs for workmanship, performance, safety, and environment lifespan.
If you would like to talk to a representative about your Custom Servo Drive needs, please Contact US Motion.