Custom Housed Motors Designed for Performance, Durability, and Reliability
Our customers come to us looking for high-quality, high-performance housed brushless DC motors and we ensure our final designs and products meet their requirements. US Motion will design Custom Housed Motors with or without servo control and our team of engineers are capable of designing and implementing specialty manufacturing of BLDC motors.
We give special attention to fulfilling challenging environmental requirements using proven manufacturing methods, clean room environment, and our highly intelligent, creative, and capable team of engineers. These motor designs are unique and beyond standard designs of commercially available off-the-shelf (COTS) motors.
Some of the custom housed motor design requirements we meet include:
- Performance Characteristics including Torque, Power, Torque Ripple, Cogging Torque and Noise
- Storage and Operation in Extreme Temperatures
- Low Pressure Vacuum Applications with Minimum Out Gassing
- Specific Lifetime Requirements
- Feedback Requirements such as Hall Sensors, Incremental, and Absolute for COTS Compatibility to Ensure High Accuracy Motion
- CiP’s Necessary for Corrosive Environmental Applications with the Inclusion of a Labyrinth Seal using PTFE Material
US Motion Provides Answers to These Requirements Through Expertly Skilled Team Members.
Our Team Possess the Following Skills and More:
- Expert Selection of Materials and Components such as Bearings, Low Dusting Lubrication (particle control) and Seals with special attention to Power Consumption, Temperature Limits, Fatigue and Lifetime Limits, Contamination Control and CVCM/TML Properties
- Proper Selection of Permanent Magnets and Magnetic Steels with special attention to Reversible and Irreversible Demagnetization, Saturation Limits and affect on Motor Performance
- Careful Selection of Seals, Grommets, Connectors, Cabling, Housings and Shafts for Meeting Mass/Weight Targets
- Selection to Match Motor Configuration and Electromechanical Design to include Bearing Preloads Methods and Shaft Configurations, Design for Resistance to Shock and Vibration, Integration of Magnetic and Optical Encoders, Hall Sensors, and Temperature Sensors, Motor and Motor Drive Electronics in Cases Requiring Minimum Footprint and Cabling and Optimal Packaging of Components for Minimization of Weight and or Volume
Contact US Motion with any questions or to talk about your Custom Housed Motor Needs.