Custom Brushless DC Motors
US Motion provides custom brushless DC motors either with or without servo control, and our systems can be designed, engineered, and tested to outperform mission-critical requirements. Some of the most common necessities that our motors provide include:
- Various performance characteristics, including: torque, power, torque ripple, cogging torque, and noise.
- Operation and storage in different extreme temperatures.
- Minimum out gassing for low-pressure, vacuum applications.
- Specific lifetime requirements.
- Multiple feedback requirements, such as: hall sensors, incremental, and absolute for commercially-available, off-the-shelf compatibilities to ensure high-accuracy motion.
- Continuous improvements that are necessary for corrosive environmental applications.
Our engineers also provide specialty manufacturing design and implementation of BLDC motors, and US Motion gives special attention to fulfilling challenging environmental requirements. We leverage proven manufacturing methods, cleanroom environments, and have a skilled team of engineers to meet even the most demanding needs.
Our Skilled Selections
Materials And Components
- Low Dusting Lubrication (particle control)
- Power Consumption
- Temperature Limits
- Fatigue and Lifetime Limits
- Contamination Control
- CVCM/TML Properties
Permanent Magnets And Magnetic Steels
- Reversible and Irreversible Demagnetization
- Saturation Limits and Effect on Motor Performance
Components For Mass And Weight Targets
Match Motor Configuration And Electromechanical Design
- Bearing Preloads Methods and Shaft Configurations
- Design for Resistance to Shock and Vibration
- Integration of Magnetic and Optical Encoders, Hall Sensors, and Temperature Sensors
- Motor and Motor Drive Electronics in Cases Requiring Minimum Footprint
- Cabling and Optimal Packaging of Components for Minimization of Weight and or Volume
Our motor designs are unique and beyond the standard designs of COTS motors. Customers who require high-quality and high-performance housed brushless DC motors turn to US Motion.